Looking for an excellent 3 year old preschool program for your child in Lawrenceville? Explorations Community Preschool offers early childhood education for 3 year old children that helps prepare them for school and life while also giving them lots of opportunities for fun.
How 3 Year Old Preschool Benefits Children
Although 3 years old might seem like a very young age to begin a child’s academic career, it really isn’t — especially if you do your homework and choose a high quality preschool. Early education can not only help your child learn to be confident and independent when parents aren’t present, but can also help your child develop academically, socially and in many other ways that can lead to future success
Some of the many benefits of 3 year old preschool programs like ours include:
- Expanding their vocabulary. Kids between the ages of 3 and 5 add as many as 900-2,500 words to their vocabulary during those crucial early childhood years, and they begin to use more complex sentence structures. Being in a high quality 3 year old preschool can help kids flex their linguistic muscles: Children have the opportunity to add new vocabulary words to their lexicon during art, science, music and other activities, and interacting with teachers helps young kids learn polite and appropriate ways to express their thoughts and concerns.
- Boosting pre-literacy and pre-math skills. 3 year old preschool is an ideal setting for kids to learn more about letters and numbers, as well as to develop the fine motor skills that will help them to write.
- Preparing for kindergarten and school. In 3 year old preschool, kids learn how to follow instructions, focus on a project, respect teachers and other students, and share with other children — all important skills for a child entering kindergarten. The right kind of preschool is one that gives kids the right blend of opportunities for play and learning while helping them learn to follow rules and deal with conflicts in a healthy way.
- Helping kids develop emotional maturity. Children who go to a high quality preschool like Explorations have a chance to develop the “soft skills” that will help them go further in school and the workplace — skills like collaborating with others, interacting appropriately, sharing and helping others, controlling their temper, and more. Trained teachers know when to let students work on resolving problems themselves, and when to step in and help model conflict resolution skills. We give kids a safe space to learn these important skills so they can become more successful as well as more compassionate and emotionally mature members of society.
- Expanding their creative horizons. With activities in arts and crafts, music and movement, our preschool kids learn new ways to express themselves creatively. It’s a great chance to broaden their horizons and explore new interests.
- Offering healthy physical activity. Young children need plenty of opportunities to move, stretch and run around! Through activities such as working on our community garden, taking walks, doing yoga, and playing in the playground and sandbox, our students get the exercise they need and have fun in the process.
Preschool is the first chance a child has to encounter new ideas and new information, while growing socially and learning to have confidence in social settings that don’t include parents. It is an important time in a child’s education, and we love to help our preschool students thrive!
Our 3 Year Old Preschool Curriculum
We often have children work together in small groups, which offers them frequent opportunities to practice sharing and helping each other.
Some of the lessons and activities we use with our 3 year old preschool class include:
- Learning through play
- Work on fine and gross motor skills
- Emphasis on social skills and collaboration
- Upper and lowercase letter recognition
- Learning to write and spell first name
- Number recognition
- Sensory play
- Topic related crafts and activities
In addition to our regular lessons and activities, we also offer special activities that help kids learn more about the arts, sciences and even health and nutrition:
- Music & Movement
- Blocks for tots, a STEM enrichment program that uses Lego building toys
In warmer weather, our students can help with our preschool’s vegetable garden. Our “Seed to Table” gardening and nutrition program helps young children learn more about the science of plants, the food they eat, some basics of cooking, and how to make healthier food choices.
All of our preschool classes at Explorations have plenty of play time and center-based activities, as well as indoor and outdoor time each day. We encourage healthy eating through two daily snacks as well as a parent-provided lunch. A daily nap time gives busy preschoolers a chance to recharge from all of our exciting activities!
Community Outreach Activities
Explorations Community Preschool doesn’t just help students develop their academic skills and social skills. We are also dedicated to helping our early childhood students learn to be compassionate, responsible members of society who look for ways to help those in need.
Young children like our 3 year old preschoolers have an incredible capacity for compassion and always want to help! We give them ways to do so by letting them participate in events that directly impact our neighbors in Mercer County. In the past, our preschool has partnered with community organizations such as Meals on Wheels, Kids Helping Kids, Homefront, the Salvation Army, SAVE Animal Shelter, and Operation Christmas Child. We love to help kids see how fun it can be and how good it feels to help others.
A Comprehensive, Caring 3 Year Old Preschool
If you’re looking for a Lawrenceville 3 year old preschool program that can help your child grow and thrive in many different ways — academically, socially, physically, emotionally and more. From math to music, from science to yoga, from arts and crafts to nutrition, Explorations lives up to our name by offering many hands-on ways for our preschool students to explore their world.
Our preschool programs go all year round, so contact us if you’d like to learn more or to schedule a tour of our school. We’d love for you to join the Explorations community!