Looking for an excellent Infant program for your child in Lawrenceville? Explorations offers early childhood education for infants starting at 6 weeks that provides a nurturing environment during their first few years.
How Infant Care Benefits Children
Although 3 years old might seem like a very young age to begin a child’s academic career, it really isn’t — especially if you do your homework and choose a high quality preschool. Early education can not only help your child learn to be confident and independent when parents aren’t present, but can also help your child develop academically, socially and in many other ways that can lead to future success.
Some of the many benefits of Infant care programs like ours include:
- Better academic achievement: Research shows that children from all social strata have better long-term success when they attend a high quality preschool. Whether they are low-income, middle-class or in the upper income range, children who start their academic life as preschoolers in a good program are more likely to succeed academically, less likely to need to repeat grades, more likely to graduate high school, and less likely to need special education or resource services.
- Better emotional development and socialization: Early education programs such as our Infant care can have a lasting positive impact on a child’s ability to interact effectively and appropriately with peers, focus on work, control his or her temper, and other “soft skills” that lead to success in school and in the workplace.
- Offering healthy physical activity. Young children need plenty of opportunities to move, stretch and run around! Through activities such as working on our community garden, taking walks, doing yoga, and playing in the playground and sandbox, our students get the exercise they need and have fun in the process.
Preschool is the first chance a child has to encounter new ideas and new information, while growing socially and learning to have confidence in social settings that don’t include parents. It is an important time in a child’s education, and we love to help our preschool students thrive!
Our Infant Care Curriculum
We often have children work together in small groups, which offers them frequent opportunities to practice sharing and helping each other.
Some of the lessons and activities we use with our Infant Care class include:
- Learning through play
- Work on fine and gross motor skills
- Emphasis on social skills and collaboration
- Sensory play
- Topic related crafts and activities
In addition to our regular lessons and activities, we also offer special activities that help kids learn more about the arts, sciences and even health and nutrition:
- Music & Movement
- Blocks for tots, a STEM enrichment program that uses Lego building toys
In warmer weather, our students can help with our preschool’s vegetable garden. Our “Seed to Table” gardening and nutrition program helps young children learn more about the science of plants, the food they eat, some basics of cooking, and how to make healthier food choices.
All of our preschool classes at Explorations have plenty of play time and center-based activities, as well as indoor and outdoor time each day. We encourage healthy eating through two daily snacks as well as a parent-provided lunch. A daily nap time gives busy preschoolers a chance to recharge from all of our exciting activities!
Community Outreach Activities
Explorations Community Preschool doesn’t just help students develop their academic skills and social skills. We are also dedicated to helping our early childhood students learn to be compassionate, responsible members of society who look for ways to help those in need.
Young children like our 3 year old preschoolers have an incredible capacity for compassion and always want to help! We give them ways to do so by letting them participate in events that directly impact our neighbors in Mercer County. In the past, our preschool has partnered with community organizations such as Meals on Wheels, Kids Helping Kids, Homefront, the Salvation Army, SAVE Animal Shelter, and Operation Christmas Child. We love to help kids see how fun it can be and how good it feels to help others.
A Comprehensive, Caring Infant Program
If you’re looking for a Lawrenceville Infant care program that can help your child grow and thrive in many different ways — academically, socially, physically, emotionally and more. From math to music, from science to yoga, from arts and crafts to nutrition, Explorations lives up to our name by offering many hands-on ways for our preschool students to explore their world.
Our Learning Center programs go all year round, so contact us if you’d like to learn more or to schedule a tour of our school. We’d love for you to join the Explorations community!